Outback Reptiles - Bad Customer Service - Unhealthy Tarantulas.
I was at the White Plains Expo on July 24th and purchased, *what was labeled on the container it was in* a Theraphosa Blondi (Goliath Birdeater). The guy who was selling them told me that it was a confirmed female, so I bought it. It's abdomen was very small and slightly shriveled, but it had the best looking tarantulas out of the rest of their Theraphosa species.
I spent a lot of money on the tarantula, and it's new enclosure/other necessities beforehand. I took it home, I saw that it was a male. That was already a problem. Also, the guy wrote down the wrong specices, for it was a Stirmi.
It was fine it it's new enclosure, I have experience with this species and it ate well the day I got it. However, not even a day and a half later it died. There was definitely something wrong with the tarantula before I even brought it home, there was no reason for it to have died under my supervision. I contacted Outback Reptiles via email and complained and the guy who emailed me back kept trying to tell me things that were irrelevant to the fact that they 1.) Sold me the wrong sex/misnamed the specices and 2.) They are displaying sickly looking/unhealthy tarantulas at the show. He came across very rude about it and he didn't even care that I told him the animal he sold to me died the next day.
Very upset with my purchase from them and wasted a lot of money.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had recently ordered some discus fish and had a comment about the way they were shipped/handled. When I went to open my account it was no longer accessible...."
- "Wish I would have read the reviews online before doing an order. Ordered 10 corals at a price that was (apparently) too good to be true. Corals arrived..."
- "I visited the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario, Canada on the weekend of February 26, 2011 to purchase packets of Whiskas tender bites food for my newly adopted cat. So..."
- "Just wanted something light,went through McDonald's drive thru and ordered a Mcchicken sandwich light with the mayo.Pulled over to eat about 5 minutes later and bit into a burned dry..."
- "I saw there ad on facebook, and those Chinese pretending to sale LV are just thieves. They need to be arrested for fraud and hazardous chemical use. They show a..."
- "I have been a Skechers Customer for many years but am very unsatisfied with the current shoe I have. The seems across the top of the toe are unraveling..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."