Outback Reptiles - Bad Customer Service - Unhealthy Tarantulas.
I was at the White Plains Expo on July 24th and purchased, *what was labeled on the container it was in* a Theraphosa Blondi (Goliath Birdeater). The guy who was selling them told me that it was a confirmed female, so I bought it. It's abdomen was very small and slightly shriveled, but it had the best looking tarantulas out of the rest of their Theraphosa species.
I spent a lot of money on the tarantula, and it's new enclosure/other necessities beforehand. I took it home, I saw that it was a male. That was already a problem. Also, the guy wrote down the wrong specices, for it was a Stirmi.
It was fine it it's new enclosure, I have experience with this species and it ate well the day I got it. However, not even a day and a half later it died. There was definitely something wrong with the tarantula before I even brought it home, there was no reason for it to have died under my supervision. I contacted Outback Reptiles via email and complained and the guy who emailed me back kept trying to tell me things that were irrelevant to the fact that they 1.) Sold me the wrong sex/misnamed the specices and 2.) They are displaying sickly looking/unhealthy tarantulas at the show. He came across very rude about it and he didn't even care that I told him the animal he sold to me died the next day.
Very upset with my purchase from them and wasted a lot of money.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I visited the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario, Canada on the weekend of February 26, 2011 to purchase packets of Whiskas tender bites food for my newly adopted cat. So..."
- "THIS IS WHAT I WENT, THROUGH, WHEN I ORDERED A CAT CONDO, FROM CAVILIER WHOLESALE The cat condo, I ordered, was a 73" leopard skin cat tree condo. When..."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I placed an on 9/13 and signed up for Walmart's 2 day shipping pass to try free for 30 days. When I ordered the items that totaled under $50, the..."
- "I went to the Dominican Republic with cheap Caribbean . Hurricane Matthew hit the hotel while we were there . There were red flags at the beach every one of..."
- "I purchased two pairs of pants which my daughter-in-law thought would work well. They had reinforced (ha!) knees and looked really cute on line. My 3 1/2 year..."
- "My husband was eating a zinger today and found an actual ROCK in the cake. If he had bitten down too hard he would have broken his dentures. The rock..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."